I have used the Remote Assistance feature of XP/Vista/Windows 7 many times,
which is not the same as Remote Desktop. It meets the first four criteria,
below. Although it isn't Open Source, it is built into Windows OSes, and so
doesn't require installing additional software.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Windows-Remote-Assistance-freque
ntly-asked-questions

Just another option for Windows users.

--Geoff