We put the new NOD32 license in place on the management server this
morning. All clients should have checked in with the server by now,
and should no longer be reporting imminent license expiration.
A few other notable changes to announce:
- The management server is now publishing an updated default
configuration to clients which includes the following changes:
- Updated login credentials for the ESET update mirrors. This
will prevent the client from failing to update after the Nov. 25th
expiration of our old credentials.
- The Thunderbird integration module (which was introduced to no
great fanfare with NOD32 4.0) has been disabled until such time as ESET
can fix the mail message triplication bug that occurs with many builds
of NOD32 version 4.
- Notification of successful virus definition updates has been
disabled. You now will be notified only on update errors.
- A newer build of NOD32 (version 4.0.467) has been made available
at https://www.uvm.edu/software and \\files\software\antivirus. This
update includes the new default client configuration. If you are
having any problems with NOD32 performance, NOD32 updates, or NOD32
licensing, please consider installing this new build as a
ETS Systems Architecture and Administration