[log in to unmask]" type="cite">We put the new NOD32 license in place on the management server this morning. All clients should have checked in with the server by now, and should no longer be reporting imminent license expiration.
A few other notable changes to announce:
- The management server is now publishing an updated default configuration to clients which includes the following changes:
- Updated login credentials for the ESET update mirrors. This will prevent the client from failing to update after the Nov. 25th expiration of our old credentials.
- The Thunderbird integration module (which was introduced to no great fanfare with NOD32 4.0) has been disabled until such time as ESET can fix the mail message triplication bug that occurs with many builds of NOD32 version 4.
- Notification of successful virus definition updates has been disabled. You now will be notified only on update errors.
- A newer build of NOD32 (version 4.0.467) has been made available at https://www.uvm.edu/software and \\files\software\antivirus. This update includes the new default client configuration. If you are having any problems with NOD32 performance, NOD32 updates, or NOD32 licensing, please consider installing this new build as a troubleshooting step.
ETS Systems Architecture and Administration
John Cooley Information Technology Professional University of Vermont Extension (802) 299-2420