Hi-

We have a client attempting to connect to Banner INB from MyUVM, Vista
SP2, IE 8.

If she clicks on the Banner INB link from within MyUVM, IE 8 hangs up
completely, processor usage at 50% and we have to task manager our way
out.

If she tries to go to http://www.uvm.edu/banner she can get in fine
using IE 8.

We've cleared caches, ran CCleaner, etc etc.  I've noted that the
Banner INB link goes to

https://aisweb1.uvm.edu/forms/frmservlet?config=prodsso

whereas http:\\www.uvm.edu\banner redirects to

https://aisweb1.uvm.edu/forms/frmservlet?config=prod

If I manually attempt a connect to

https://aisweb1.uvm.edu/forms/frmservlet?config=prodsso

IE 8 hangs up as it did before AND I cannot connect to
https://aisweb1.uvm.edu/forms/frmservlet?config=prod

either, although it does give me the Oracle Developer Forms Runtime window.

I'm going to try upgrading her version of NOD32 since this may be our
antivirus software meddling with things.  But does anyone have any
other ideas?

--
Andrew Hendrickson
Arts & Sciences Computing Services

802-656-7971

Use the URL below to submit requests for assistance
http://footprints.uvm.edu/ashelp.html