If you want a public wifi I would suggest http://open-mesh.com/store/.   $50
each and the signal can be hopped up to 3 ap's, and all ap's can
be centrally managed.

They are designed for public places like hotels.  The problem I have with
them is that they are actually routers so the laptops connecting to them get
open-mesh ip address, which is not so bad but could cause some logging
issues.   The advantage here is that if this a just a public wifi there is a
check box to isolate the open-mesh network from your current network so it
is ideal for public wifi.

http://www.aerohive.com/ is another centrally managed ap solution.  Mike
Lambert would know more about them then I would.

Bjorn Behrendt
IT Coordinator
Mount St. Joseph
(802) 775-0151