I use lightspeed for our content filter, they just sent me this warning
about shortened url services and proxies.   I thought I would share.

Hi Bjorn,

In recent months, we have seen an increase in the misuse of URL
shortening/redirect services (e.g. Tinyurl.com, bit.ly, cli.gs). These
services take lengthy URLs with descriptive attributes embedded by web
developers and make the associated pages available through a shortened web
address. Unfortunately, these services make it possible for users to access
proxy servers and be exploited by spammers.

As a result, Lightspeed Systems is changing how URL shortening services are
being categorized. Effective Monday, November 30, 2009, we will categorize
these sites in the normally blocked Security category (see Master Category
List <http://wiki.lightspeedsystems.com/x/LgM> on the Lightspeed Wiki).

If you need to use these services in your organization, you can continue to
do so by placing them in an Allowed category--learn
how<http://wiki.lightspeedsystems.com/x/BoIk>
.

As always, if you have any questions please contact us.

Sincerely,

John Genter
Chief Operations Officer
Lightspeed Systems