For home use I recommend avg or avast to people.  But they are not legal to
use on school computers.    I just went through finding an AV solution for
MSJ.  I wound up choosing Lightspeed.  They were about $10 a seat for both
antivirus and content filtering.   I think Symantec was cheeper but I have
never been happy with its performance.

Bjorn Behrendt
IT Coordinator
Mount St. Joseph