Here are some bogus sites I gleaned these from Alan November's new
book, "Web Literacy for Educators."  And of course there's Snopes.com
to check out web rumors....

Pacific Tree Octopus:
             http://zapatopi.net/treeoctopus/

Bureau of Sasquatch Affairs:
             http://zapatopi.net/bsa/
(Note that this URLl is quite similar to the previous one, so this
site should be shown to students at the end of the list; otherwise
they'll figure it out right off)

Victorian Robots
             http://www.bigredhair.com/robots/

Martin Luther King
             http://martinlutherking.org/
(This site is most properly blocked as it is a White Supremicist site
produced by "Stormfront. If you show this to students, show them what
happens when you hover your mouse over the "Join MLK Discussion Forum"
and ask them what "Stormfront" is. By googling that name, they'll
quickly figure it out. Also, there is some telling language and
statements contradictory to the King spirit such as "Why the King
Holiday Should Be Repealed.")

Lobster Liberation
             http://lobsterlib.com/
(While this is probably a genuine web page, it's way out there.....)

California Velcro Crop
             http://home.inreach.com/kumbach/velcro.html

Dihydrogen Monoxide
             http://www.dhmo.org/

Genochoice:
             http://genochoice.com/

Dog Island:
             http://www.thedogisland.com/
(this one has to be my favorite. I'd love to live there.... :)   )

And there are many more.

The WayBack machine is a good method to check the development of a web
page. Not all, but some. Go to
             http://www.archive.org/index.php

Have students paste the url in the box top center, and click "Take me
back." They'll receive a spreadsheet of when the page was updated.

Then there is the track back and WHOIS activities.

Brad Edwards, Technology Integrationist
http://web.mac.com/penobscotriver/Site/Welcome.html
http://penobscotriver.edublogs.org/
http://fc.msad68.k12.me.us/~bedwards/