Folks - First, on roaming: yes, multiple 802.11b/g access points
(APs) should be set up generally using channels 1, 6, and 11 in such
a manner as to minimize overlap of coverage of APs on the same
channel for the best throughput. Those are the three channels that
don't overlap in frequency. Having all access points on one frequency
will give you interference and lower throughput. I also use Linksys
APs including the WAP54G and I have mine set up on multiple frequencies.

I also have 13 HP 6535B's - the 14" display version of the 6735B. All
of mine can connect, but they sometimes lose the connection, can't
get to Windows shares, or perhaps won't print. However, am running
Ubuntu 9.04 on our 6535B's which adds another possible dimension of
problems.

I had thought that I might just install Intel wireless cards to see
if that would help but I've discovered that the computers won't even
boot if the the wireless card isn't on a built-in list in the BIOS. I
swapped cards between a 6535B and a 6515B (last year's HP laptop in
the same family) and neither will boot, complaining of the wireless
card, "Error message: 104 - Unsupported wireless network device
detected. System halted. Remove device and restart." Both cards are
Broadcomm cards. Sigh. (So much for this vaunted advantage (mix and
match hardware) of PCs over Macs...) I might buy one Intel card to
see if it will work. I don't know any easy way to find out what cards
are in the internal list. I read that it's possible to hack the BIOS
so that it accepts other cards, but that doesn't seem like the right
way to go... :-)

I'm sorry that I have no clear answers, but I'm watching to see what
develops.

over 40 years in this business and still too naive,
steve