>Does anyone have any suggestions about selecting a student information
>system.  If you have recently gone with a new system it would be helpful
>to hear your experiences.   I'm constructing a matrix and want to make
>sure all considerations are in it without being overwhelming.  I would
>really like to hear from those of you who have a success story to tell.

We switched to PowerSchool from SMS & WinSchool over the summer.  Overall
the change I feel has been positive, however it has definitely not been
without its growing pains.  Our biggest trouble sources were with
importing the schedules from WinSchool into PowerSchool; we had some very
cooky class configurations, and a nightmare of a bell schedule at our
middle school that made setup a challenge.  There are still some residual
issues from the way that some of our classes and schedules were imported.
Additionally, we purchased data conversion services, and since they
oversold the product this year and last our data delivery was well over a
month late.  I think had that not happened we would have had more time to
familiarize ourself with the product before we were thrown into the fire.
I would say most of our problems at this point have been with training..
there's just a lot of ins and outs that we don't know yet.

Melissa Hayden-Raley
IT Technician
Milton Town School District
Need computer help? http://helpdesk.mtsd-vt.org