Hi,

Addison Central SU recently chose PowerSchool.  Briefly...
	- We have 6 small elementary schools each of which had a small database,
spreadsheet or word doc with student information.
	- We have one larger elementary school that converted from MacSchool
	-  The middle school and high school converted from SASI
-  We took 6 months to create the RFP, put out to bid, receive proposals,
see demonstrations and do site visits.
-  We negotiated a phased implementation.  I would strongly recommend the
phased approach vs. the 90 day implementation Pearson is pushing.
-  Depending on the size of the district, I also think having one person
focused 100% on the implementation is recommended.
-  During the 08-09 school year we converted all data, customized
PowerSchool to meet our needs,  rolled out demographics and attendance to
7 elementary schools and 1 middle school.
-  During the first year our high school also used PowerSchool scheduling
to begin  their implementation.
-  09-10 School year.  High school went live with everything.  All
remaining schools added gradebook and report card production.
-  Our Pearson Project Manager was great, Pearson support has been mostly
good.  Some support rep's are better than others but overall better than
the support we received from Weidenhammer.

Overall, things have gone very smoothly.  No system is perfect though and
there have been some frustrations.   I would say "out of the box"
reporting is the weakest area of PowerSchool, though you can create your
own reports (if you have enough time - which we haven't).   If you want
more details, feel free to give me a call.

I would love to see an active PowerSchool Users group created for our
state though I'm not sure how to get that going.  There is an inactive
Yahoo group and an inactive google group already created.   Any ideas?

... Susan

Susan T.  Sheets
Student Information System Manager
Addison Central Supervisory Union