Folks - First, on roaming: yes, multiple 802.11b/g access points (APs) should be set up generally using channels 1, 6, and 11 in such a manner as to minimize overlap of coverage of APs on the same channel for the best throughput. Those are the three channels that don't overlap in frequency. Having all access points on one frequency will give you interference and lower throughput. I also use Linksys APs including the WAP54G and I have mine set up on multiple frequencies.

I also have 13 HP 6535B's - the 14" display version of the 6735B. All of mine can connect, but they sometimes lose the connection, can't get to Windows shares, or perhaps won't print. However, am running Ubuntu 9.04 on our 6535B's which adds another possible dimension of problems.

I had thought that I might just install Intel wireless cards to see if that would help but I've discovered that the computers won't even boot if the the wireless card isn't on a built-in list in the BIOS. I swapped cards between a 6535B and a 6515B (last year's HP laptop in the same family) and neither will boot, complaining of the wireless card, "Error message: 104 - Unsupported wireless network device detected. System halted. Remove device and restart." Both cards are Broadcomm cards. Sigh. (So much for this vaunted advantage (mix and match hardware) of PCs over Macs...) I might buy one Intel card to see if it will work. I don't know any easy way to find out what cards are in the internal list. I read that it's possible to hack the BIOS so that it accepts other cards, but that doesn't seem like the right way to go... :-)

I'm sorry that I have no clear answers, but I'm watching to see what develops.

over 40 years in this business and still too naive,
steve