We are looking forward to our Fall Conference on Tuesday, November 17, 2009 at the Stoweflake Resort and Spa in Stowe, VT. In keeping with the state-wide work on Transformation we are excited to bring Bernajean Porter to VT. Her message is timely for all of us. Many of us have heard the generalists, the policy level presenters. We have seen the potential of technology to change instruction and learning. But, does it actually change what is going on in the learning environment in our schools? Or is it the same strategy with technology—slick but not transformative?

Benajean Porter knows the difference. It is the “next step” for us as we change Vermont schools. We have asked Bernajean to push our thinking beyond what we have heard from other presenters. She is excited to accept the challenge. We are looking forward to a provocative day!

http://www.vtascd.com/index.php