We have an HP 3800 and 3525 that both seem to be very good and trouble free.

The 3525 was about $900.  We bought the 3800 a few years ago so I don't have the price.

Jack W. Barnes, CNE
Head Network Administrator
CCSU
Office 802-857-7000
Ext. 1039
Cell 802-318-0976
Fax 802-879-8197

>>> Sigurd Andersen <[log in to unmask]> 11/19/2009 1:54 PM >>>
Walden recently got an HP 2025dn - double-sided, networked.
Color laser printer; print quality is excellent for photos & other color.
Teachers thrilled with it.

Drivers installed only on PCs teachers & staff use to control volume.
Full set of cartridges cost about what printer does -- however, the
original cartridges are, I think, lower capacity.

Installing one (same model) for a friend has had problems
(CPU usage to 100% when printing, minutes-long delays) -
I'll be installing a suggested new driver which may fix the problem.

Sigurd Andersen

Raymond Ballou wrote:
> Dear List:
>
> Looking for a suggestion about a network color last printer.
>
> small workgroup sized
>
> NEED basic driver (windows) no 1/2hr installs (some of the HPs can be if if it
> insists on loading THEIR photo editor, etc)
> WANT a model that is new but proven or has long availability (so that I can
> order similar units a year from now)
>
> if you have one that you love or hate, I would appreciate knowing.
>
> R.

The information contained in this communication, including any
attachments, is confidential,constitutes privileged
communication, and is intended only for the use of the
addressee. This message may not be forwarded without prior
consent from the sender. The information in this e-mail is
also protected by the rights afforded under Family Educational
Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) and school district policies.
Any unauthorized use, forwarding, distribution,disclosure,
printing or copying is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.
us immediately at 802-879-8192 or return e-mail,and delete any
copies of this message immediately.  Any inadvertent disclosure
of this communication shall not compromise the confidential
nature of the communication.