From: School Information Technology Discussion [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Stephen Barner
Sent: Monday, November 23, 2009 10:51 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Ah, the BBS...

I wonder if the Wintermute server is still in Steve Cavrak's office, buried in the back corner of some closet.

I'll never forget the look on a Russian exchange student's face when he got a reply to the first international email message that was sent from South Burlington High School.  It took almost two weeks, but that was like lightning with the mail system of the day and the cost of phoning, not to mention the time zone factor.  He had been stopping in every day to see if his respondent's reply had arrived.  FIDOnet -- woof, woof!

Steve Barner