Hi Bryan,

I was responding to this quote from Rick's post
" This is education and
dare I say, especially now, cutting corners might be defensible.
I would suggest that Peter might want to comment on the State's
attitude regarding "free" vs paid for software use in education. How
does VT stand on "breaking the rules" software wise? Someone has to
set the standard/lay down the rules. A "position paper" on software
use/licences would be valuable to the troops who might have to
confront administration with potential "true costs" in terms of tech
infrastructure."

Dave