It's hard to believe, but Microsoft's Security Essentials is pretty darn
good.  The latest reviews I've seen give it scores on par with Sophos
which is in my opinion the best of the best.

I might have missed it, but it appears that MS doesn't license this in a
way to exclude schools from using it.  It would appear that MS knows
we're not really cheap enough to actually try deploying unmanaged
security suites to network stations.  As for systems that live off of
the network and managed by the user it's a great solution and I'd use it
over AVG or Avast.

MIke

Michael Vining, SB IT Support

South Burlington School District