It’s hard to believe, but Microsoft’s Security Essentials is pretty darn good.  The latest reviews I’ve seen give it scores on par with Sophos which is in my opinion the best of the best.

I might have missed it, but it appears that MS doesn’t license this in a way to exclude schools from using it.  It would appear that MS knows we’re not really cheap enough to actually try deploying unmanaged security suites to network stations.  As for systems that live off of the network and managed by the user it’s a great solution and I’d use it over AVG or Avast.

MIke

batman_yellow_50x50.jpg

Michael Vining, SB IT Support

South Burlington School District