also, aware of the weaker or less recognizable cases of slavishly uncritical  'obediance to authority', or the 'manufactured consent' of religious tradition, called respect for authority (who is this marc cooper guy anyway and why should we care about what he thinks if he does?  just, asking.)
    www.axiomsandchoices.blogspot.com

--- On Fri, 11/13/09, Michael Balter <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

From: Michael Balter <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: The fate of Chavez's dream
To: [log in to unmask]
Date: Friday, November 13, 2009, 6:47 AM

http://www.truthdig.com/arts_culture/item/20091112_marc_cooper_on_the_fate_of_cesar_chavezs_dream/

Cesar Chavez, ie. This review of Miriam Pawel's book about the decline and fall of the United Farm Workers, and the book itself, provide important perspective on why leftists and progressives must be alert to demagoguery and corruption within our movement, and particularly to the cult of personality. That might apply to other Chavez's as well.

MB

Michael Balter
Contributing Correspondent, Science

Email:  [log in to unmask]