Hi all,

I was wondering if the Northern Hawk Owl was seen again today, and whether
or not the homeowner was asked if birders could attempt to view the bird on
their property?

Thanks,

Leigh Johnson
VLS Student
South Royalton, VT

On Thu, Nov 12, 2009 at 12:08 AM, VTBIRD automatic digest system <
[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Topics of the day:
>
>  1. Service Learning Opportunity for Teens
>  2. Northern Hawk Owl
>  3. Lake Bomoseen-Castleton (2360 acres) , 11/11/09

> Date:    Wed, 11 Nov 2009 12:44:26 -0500
> From:    Laurence Clarfeld <[log in to unmask]>
> Subject: Service Learning Opportunity for Teens
>
> My apologies if this is too far off-topic, but the North Branch Nature
> Center, of Montpelier, VT, is hosting an international natural history and
> service learning trip for teens over April vacation to Nicaragua.  From
> bir=
> banding, to leading bird walks at Nicaraguan schools, to crafting our own
> comparative study of wintering birds at different coffee farms, this is
> sur=
> to be an enriching opportunity.  More info is included below.  Thanks, and
> good birding,
>
>  - Larry
>

> Two Vermont non-profits have partnered to offer a new teen natural history
> and service learning trip to Nicaragua.  While Planting
> Hope<http://www.plantinghope.org/>focuses on creating opportunities
> for education, development and cultural
> exchanges in Nicaragua, the North Branch Nature
> Center<http://www.northbranchnaturecenter.org/>(NBNC) is experienced
> in leading teen ecology trips to the tropics.  The
> partnership between the two has produced a unique international trip that
> integrates nature, culture, and service learning at all levels.  The trip
> takes place from *April 16 =96 26, 2010* and is open to teens ages 13 and
> u=
> p.
>
> Some Highlights of our trip include:
>  - Extensive birding and wildlife viewing opportunities
>  - Homestays with Nicaraguan families in San Ramon
>  - Bird Banding at El Jaguar Reserve <http://www.jaguarreserve.org/>
>  - Outdoor adventure: hiking, swimming, kayaking, boat trip
>  - Natural history service learning projects with Nicaraguan schools
>  - A comparative study of wintering birds at three different coffee farms
>
> For more information, please visit
> www.NorthBranchNatureCenter.org/nicaragua.html<
> http://www.northbranchnature=
> center.org/nicaragua.html>
>
> --=20
> Larry Clarfeld
> Environmental Educator
> Youth Birding Coordinator
>
> North Branch Nature Center
> 713 Elm St.
> Montpelier, VT 05602
>
> www.NorthBranchNatureCenter.org
> (802) 229-6206
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Date:    Wed, 11 Nov 2009 19:55:23 -0500
> From:    Michael Cosgrove <[log in to unmask]>
> Subject: Northern Hawk Owl
>
> Today while working in Derby (Newport) I had a NHO fly into a tree in the=
>
> back yard of the house I was working at.  The address is 130 Johns River =
> Dr.
>  There is a bike path that goes behind the house along the lake.  There a=
> [...]

Leigh Lindstrom
Graduate Student
Vermont Law School

http://avidbirder.blogspot.com