Hi All,

No problem with this being a Yellow Warbler - the yellow eye-ring, pale
tarsi, bright yellow underparts, and the relatively broad yellow edges
in the coverts settle that. I don't think this is a female, it looks
more like an immature male to me. For what it's worth my two latest
Yellow Warbler observations for Vermont (pre-e-bird era) were an
immature female in Burlington on 26 October (1975 I believe) and a a
bright yellow individual (either adult female or young male) on 1
November in North Hartland (can't recall the year, it was in the early
to mid-1980s). So this bird is not as much of an outlier as the late
date of 19 October in e-bird implies. The record late date for
Massachusetts is from early December (1 December in Veit & Petersen, but
I think there have been later ones recently).

Good birding,

Walter Ellison

23460 Clarissa Rd
Chestertown, MD 21620

Observing Nature is like unwrapping a big pile of presents every time
you take a walk.