My apologies if this is too far off-topic, but the North Branch Nature
Center, of Montpelier, VT, is hosting an international natural history and
service learning trip for teens over April vacation to Nicaragua.  From bird
banding, to leading bird walks at Nicaraguan schools, to crafting our own
comparative study of wintering birds at different coffee farms, this is sure
to be an enriching opportunity.  More info is included below.  Thanks, and
good birding,

 - Larry

Two Vermont non-profits have partnered to offer a new teen natural history
and service learning trip to Nicaragua.  While Planting
Hope<http://www.plantinghope.org/>focuses on creating opportunities
for education, development and cultural
exchanges in Nicaragua, the North Branch Nature
Center<http://www.northbranchnaturecenter.org/>(NBNC) is experienced
in leading teen ecology trips to the tropics.  The
partnership between the two has produced a unique international trip that
integrates nature, culture, and service learning at all levels.  The trip
takes place from *April 16  26, 2010* and is open to teens ages 13 and up.

Some Highlights of our trip include:
 - Extensive birding and wildlife viewing opportunities
 - Homestays with Nicaraguan families in San Ramon
 - Bird Banding at El Jaguar Reserve <http://www.jaguarreserve.org/>
 - Outdoor adventure: hiking, swimming, kayaking, boat trip
 - Natural history service learning projects with Nicaraguan schools
 - A comparative study of wintering birds at three different coffee farms

For more information, please visit
www.NorthBranchNatureCenter.org/nicaragua.html<http://www.northbranchnaturecenter.org/nicaragua.html>

--
Larry Clarfeld