Hello fellow birders.

This message is a repost as the original message was reected as I tried to
include an attachmet. Why attachmets do not work? This feature is clearly
seen in the "Send Message" box.

This morning I joined the local Audubon group at Dead Creek to observe the
Snow Geese and any other birds visiting the area. The attendance was pretty
good, probably 35-40 people. Within a few minutes of my arrival Ted Murin
spotted the Ross's Goose with his powerful optical rig and he graciously
showed several people. It was grazing in the near side of a very large flock of
Snow Geese (2000 ??). I took some images with my 300mm lens but I had to
blow up the image about 200% to make birds features easily seen and
compared. This is my first attempt uploading an image to the VTBIRD list so I
have included a link to my flicker page in case that the upload does not work.

Other birds seen were: Snow Bunting (30-40), Norther Harrier (2), Red-tailed
Hawk (1), Mallards (16), Great Blue Heron (1), Canada Goose (150-200). I left
early so I am pretty sure that I missed some interesting birds so we should be
seeing other posts real soon about other sightings.

To the Green Mountain Audubon Club I say "Thank you" for providig an
excellent educational opportunity.

Ross's vs Snow:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/febco1/4084820602

Large flock flying: