Medlibbers,

I've had a tough question today and I'm inclined to say there is no connection, but wanted to check with my colleagues first.

A patron has come in asking about tuberculosis and it's affects on the heart.

I have found some information that tuberculosis can affect other organs, but none specifically on the heart.  I have also found that elderly are more likely to have underlying conditions, such as cardiovascular disease.  However, I haven't found anything more than mentions and I would like a little more than this to tell him if I can.  Thanks in advance for any assistance!

Lindsay Blake MLIS, AHIP
Information Services Coordinator
Greenblatt Library
Medical College of Georgia