We looked at SchoolWires, School World and Final Site.  Each had pluses
and minuses, with similar features.  We chose SchoolWires and have been
very happy with the product and support.

2 training sessions with Schoolwires were included to set up the sites
and learn the features.  The Tech Educator for each school is
responsible for the schools page content.  I enter new users, set up the
initial channels and page templates for the section and teacher pages.
We worked with the Tech Educators to present training sessions for
teachers/editors at each school.  The teachers are pleased with the ease
of creating/editing.

We utilize the intranet for internal surveys and staff announcements.
We will soon be inviting parents to sign up for specific communication.
and viewing rights.

3 of our schools are using the new site.  CSSU is moving to the new
site soon.  CVU currently uses Moodle for all their communication and
plan to use it as their web site.

wsdvt.org ( http://www.wsdvt.org/ )
scsvt.org
hcsvt.org

Nancy Colbourn
CSSU

>>> Steve Jarrett <[log in to unmask]> 12/16/2009 12:14 PM

Chittenden East Supervisory Union is researching external web hosting
of its school web pages that will include templates and maybe some
options such as calendar, survey, notification and intranet.

Please share:
- your external host' name, if you have one
- links to your web sites
- your pro/con experience with vendor
- what features do you recommend

Thank you,
Steve

Steve Jarrett
District Technology Supervisor
Chittenden East Supervisory Union
(802) 858 - 1729
(fax) (802)899-2904

This e-mail may contain information protected under the Family
Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA). If this e-mail contains
student information and you are not entitled to access such information
under FERPA, please notify the sender. Federal regulations require that
you destroy this e-mail without reviewing it and you may not forward it
to anyone.