At the request of our school board, we started an eNewsletter last
year.  We tested a couple and settled on www.verticalresponse.com
<http://www.verticalresponse.com> for cost and ease of
use/flexibility.   It is inexpensive, we use the email credits instead
of the "pay monthly" feature as it is more cost effective.  We purchase
enough units for  the school year (about two newsletters a month) -  at
the total cost of under $70 for the whole year (we have about 250
families currently subscribed).  The more units you purchase, the lower
the per unit cost.

There is a reporting feature that shows how many opens, followed links,
etc.  On average we have about a 55% open rate and followed links vary
depending on what links are included.

I have been using the Email Canvas which allows much more flexibility
than the Wizard.  It takes about 30 minutes. I just copy and paste
(office emails me an electronic copy of what they are sending out) and
add some graphics.  They have an image library (all are stock photos)
and you can upload images.   I also add tables and horizontal lines to
make it easier to read and to know where the articles break.

It also has surveys and calendar features that we have not used.

smg

Sylvia Gagne

Computer Technician

Georgia Elementary & Middle School