I was discouraged by similar issues with Jing, and then discovered that the
software for our IWB (Mimio) includes video capture. We own several units
and thus have it installed on all of our computers. Voila! I suspect other
IWB software has similar features... An alternative?

Eric

on 12/3/09 1:12 PM, Robert Gervais wrote:

> Greetings,
> I am looking for an open source (read: free!) solution for converting
> flash movies to mpeg, or a format readable by iTunes.  Oh by the
> way...needs to be Mac software!  I've tried Handbrake and iSquint, but
> haven't had luck thus far.
> The problem is I have several students making Jing movies/tutorials using
> the free version of Jing.  It's fine to upload those to screencast.com,
> but we really want to put the tutorials on ipods as part of the class'
> tutorial resources collection.  Apparently Jing creates the swf in a way
> that handbrake won't rip.
> Does anyone have thoughts or workarounds for us?
> thanks so much!
>
> Rob Gervais
> Technology Coordinator
> Franklin Northeast Supervisory Union
> Enosburg, VT 05450
> 802-933-2171 x33

and privileged information protected under the Family Educational Rights and
Privacy Act. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is
prohibited. If you are not an intended recipient, please contact the sender
by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the message.