on 12/9/09 6:06 PM, Rick Hege wrote:

> Meanwhile, I am able to create a lot of "fake" accounts under my business
> system if the assignment warrants it. They can't use it but it works for
> creating accounts for various applications.

This has been our solution as well ("dummy" accounts for web 2.0
applications), although we are strategizing about how to move toward email
for our older students (7th/8th). IMHO there is a lot of groundwork to do,
but I am seeing that if we get younger students (3rd/4th) started in guided,
self-contained environments we have some great opportunities to address
"digital citizenship." This year we have solidified some guidelines for
implementation of web 2.0 tools and are beginning to draft an online "code
of ethics" for our students. I agree with those who would like email for
their students, but would like to have guidelines and instruction in place
before we go there.

Eric