We looked at SchoolWires, School World and Final Site.  Each had pluses and minuses, with similar features.  We chose SchoolWires and have been very happy with the product and support.

2 training sessions with Schoolwires were included to set up the sites and learn the features.  The Tech Educator for each school is responsible for the schools page content.  I enter new users, set up the initial channels and page templates for the section and teacher pages.  We worked with the Tech Educators to present training sessions for teachers/editors at each school.  The teachers are pleased with the ease of creating/editing.

We utilize the intranet for internal surveys and staff announcements.  We will soon be inviting parents to sign up for specific communication. and viewing rights.

3 of our schools are using the new site.  CSSU is moving to the new site soon.  CVU currently uses Moodle for all their communication and plan to use it as their web site.

wsdvt.org

scsvt.org

hcsvt.org

Nancy Colbourn

CSSU

>>> Steve Jarrett <[log in to unmask]> 12/16/2009 12:14 PM >>>

Chittenden East Supervisory Union is researching external web hosting of its school web pages that will include templates and maybe some options such as calendar, survey, notification and intranet.

Please share:
- your external host' name, if you have one
- links to your web sites
- your pro/con experience with vendor
- what features do you recommend

Thank you,