The tow rope runs off of a old ford V-4 that puts out about 30HP i think. Mind you it only hits on three cylinders now (sometimes two, haha)

This is where i learned to ski when i was 3 years old. My family are still active members and volunteer regularly. We are really looking forward to the next snow storm to get our season here in SoBo underway.

About two years ago Powderhouse joined SKiMaine Assoc. and has been getting a lot of good publicity and bringing in good money for much needed updates at the hill. I haven't read this article, but FYI, Powderhouse is a non-profit - all the money is funneled through the town.
Before this problem with insurance, the town's insurance covered the hill (for umpteen years with no problem) why it is a problem now I have no idea. greed.
anyways, the good news is we are all set to open now!!! Now the hill is "controlled" by the Rec Dept. in town and is considered a business rather than a club. No changes will be made, but let's hope that the Rec Dept. doesn't come to realize that they basically own the operations at PH now and can effectively do as they please.

Well, small town news, glad to see it up on the skivt-l, it's exciting!
Swing by sometime and check the hill out, it's $5 a ticket and we're open Sat-Sun: 12-4pm  and Wed,Fri:  7-9pm

--
Sam Flinkström