Raynauds can affect young children.  I myself was diagnosed with it at 7
yrs old and Dr. told me some simple things to do and that was the end of
it.  If she has it, she has a severe case or has been exposed to cold too
long.  Ulcers are very worrisome.  Frostbite certainly seems plausible
also, had a gentleman who took an extensive walk with his dog in sneakers
(up here in NH) in the snow and his feel got cold and wet, he ended up
with frostbite and ulcers on all digits.  Was a cold emersion Raynauds
test done?

Nicole

Nicole Ball, RVT
President for NNEVS
Frisbie Memorial Hospital
Vascular Lab
Rochester, NH

"Johnson, Bill" <[log in to unmask]>
Sent by: UVM Flownet <[log in to unmask]>
01/20/2010 03:30 PM
Please respond to
UVM Flownet <[log in to unmask]>

cc

Subject
Re: 5 yrs old with Raynaud's

Bill Johnson, Port Townsend, WA

It is my understanding that, while rare, Raynaud's can affect children. In
any case, an autoimmune process should be considered.  If anyone knows any
rheumatologists, particularly a pediatric rheumatologist, I think that
would be who to ask.  Have the color changes, red, white and blue been
observed?  That might be significant.