Since becoming a vascular sonographer I have served as a guinea pig to
those wanting to learn about Raynauds testing.  I think it was a very WISE
idea not to do the cold emersion test because for Raynauds patients it is
frightfully painful keeping your hands or feet in cold water (for even 15
seconds), with wounds even worse. She would have most certainly cried.
When I was in school in Norfolk, VA (10 yrs ago) there was a physician
(and his name eludes me) from Norfolk Sugical Group that was very
experienced with Raynauds, as he used to live and work in Alaska.  He had
made a booklet about it and rules patients should follow, I thought it was
very helpful.  FYI.

Nicole

Nicole Ball, RVT
President for NNEVS
Frisbie Memorial Hospital
Vascular Lab
Rochester, NH

Jodi Zannino <[log in to unmask]>
Sent by: UVM Flownet <[log in to unmask]>
01/21/2010 12:30 PM
Please respond to
UVM Flownet <[log in to unmask]>

cc

Subject
Re: 5 yrs old with Raynaud's

Wow 7 that is so young. I think that she has been exposed for too long and
that's why she has lesions now. I didn't do a cold immersion test because
of the awful appearance of toes, resting ppg's seemed very vasospastic.
Thanks,
Jodi