Good point Craig ... However I stopped doing that a few years ago
because a pt c/o a skin irritation from the alcohol?  I find that
wiping off the gel really well and waiting a sec will suffice.  Then
connect the dots with the .79 sharpie.  Since te dots linger for quite
a while, it gives me time to finish exam, wipe off transducer, etc.
By that time the leg is ready to write on.   Good point though!!

Doug Marcum
RDMS,RDCS,RVT(APS)
*Advanced Ultrasound Consultants
*Global Vein Solutions