Velocities in the adult abdominal aorta are listed as normal from 60-100 cm/sec.
Ao velocities elevated above 120cm/sec or decreased to <40cm/sec considered significant enough to be not useful for a renal-aortic ration calculation.

From:
Noninvasive Vascular Diagnosis, 2nd edition
Editors: AbuRahma and Bergan
Chapter 42

Patricia A. (Tish) Poe, BA RVT FSVU
Director Noninvasive Vascular Laboratory Services
University of Cincinnati Surgeons
Vascular Division
Office (513) 558-4081
Cell   (513) 460-9474

From: UVM Flownet [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Doug Marcum
Sent: Friday, January 08, 2010 10:27 AM
To: [log in to unmask]

Just reaching out again since I didn't receive any responses.... :).  Does anyone have any aortic velocity criteria?  Thanks

Doug Marcum
RDMS,RDCS,RVT(APS)
*Advanced Ultrasound Consultants
*Global Vein Solutions
www.advancedusconsultants.com<http://www.advancedusconsultants.com>
321-231-2191
Sent from my iPhone

On Jan 8, 2010, at 10:07 AM, Kristian A Engstrom <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>> wrote:
Would anyone be willing to share with me their criteria for toe pressures?
Thanks

Kris Engstrom