Velocities in the adult abdominal aorta are listed as normal from 60-100 cm/sec.

Ao velocities elevated above 120cm/sec or decreased to <40cm/sec considered significant enough to be not useful for a renal-aortic ration calculation.

Noninvasive Vascular Diagnosis, 2nd edition

Editors: AbuRahma and Bergan

Chapter 42

Patricia A. (Tish) Poe, BA RVT FSVU

Director Noninvasive Vascular Laboratory Services

University of Cincinnati Surgeons

Vascular Division

Office (513) 558-4081

Cell   (513) 460-9474