Thankfully no, though I do recall the 2008 article and conference poster presentation.

 Matt

From: UVM Flownet [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Rosendahl, Thomas, RN BS RVT
Sent: Monday, January 04, 2010 12:22
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Carotid and Vertebral Duplex Scanning for Brain Death

In a 1994 issue of the Journal of Vascular Technology we published a paper entitled “Internal Carotid and Vertebral Duplex Scanning for the Determination of Brain Death”. In the September, 2008 issue of the Journal of Vascular Ultrasound a case study was published presented by a group from the Cleveland Clinic entitled “Findings of Brain Death with the use of Carotid Duplex Sonography”.  In the past 17 years has anyone else used carotid/vertebral duplex scanning to assist in the confirmation of Brain Death?

                  I would appreciate any feedback- Sincerely,

                                        Tom Rosendahl- Vascular Lab

                                          Cedars-Sinai Medical Center

IMPORTANT WARNING: This message is intended for the use of the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged and confidential, the disclosure of which is governed by
applicable law. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or the employee or agent responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this information is STRICTLY PROHIBITED.

If you have received this message in error, please notify us immediately
by calling (310) 423-6428 and destroy the related message. Thank You for your cooperation.