I have only done it once in my 15 years and that was in the E.D. on a 19
year-old with an 8 mm midline shift status post intracranial hemorrhage,
but I think that it was ordered in the emotion of the situation in this
one special case due the age of the patient and sensitivity to the
family.  There is no set protocol for this in our facility.

Happy New Year.

JT

Jason T. Card, BS RVT

Sky Lakes Medical Center