For Medicare payment of AAA screening there was mention last year about removing the requirement that Medicare pts have a referral from a "Welcome to Medicare Physical Exam" and extending it to at risk beneficiaries 65-75 y.o.  (H.R. 1213).

Does anyone know if this bill was passed or just stalled?

In other words, could our vascular surgeons order an AAA screening if we have a Medicare pt that meets the at-risk requirements?

Jeff Stanley BS,RVT
The Surgical Clinic
Nashville, TN

Confidentiality Notice: This email message, including
any attachments, contains information that is
confidential and/or legally privileged. The
information is intended only for the individual(s)
named above. If you are not the intended
recipient or the person responsible for
delivering the email to the intended recipient, be
advised that you have received this email in
error and that any use, dissemination,
distribution, forwarding, printing, or copying of this
email is strictly prohibited. If you have
received this email in error, please purge it
immediately and notify the sender.