I couldn't find the JVS article. Can you point me to it?

On Tue, Dec 15, 2009 at 10:31 AM, Franklin W. West <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

JVS article suggests a significantly more complex evaluation including transcranial and extracranial duplex.

Specifically the article notes five variable ‘indicative of CCSVI’:

1.     Reflux in the IJVs or VV (vertebral vein), or both with the head in any position;

2.     Reflux in the deep cerebral veins

3.     B-mode of IJV stenoses

4.     Flow not detected by Doppler in the IJVs, VV or both

5.     ‘reverted postural control of the main cerebral venous outflow pathways’

A further, much more detailed and lengthy explanation can be found online in JVS (including Appendix and videos that are only online).  Also, some interesting specific definitions, e.g., of reflux, are provided.  Also some good looking venograms (they had to come back to haunt me).

All the best of the season,

Frank