As long as "An angle of 60 degrees or less with respect to the vessel wall or
direction of blood flow" is utilized and not just blindly throwing in 60 in
all carotid cases no matter what, I agree with keeping a 60 degree angle
when possible.[Quote taken from
http://www.intersocietal.org/icavl/pdfs/extracranial2007.pdf]

With abdomen, there comes time when I cannot maintain 60. SMAs sometimes
have weird origins and I'll end up utilizing a 35 degree angle. If there's
pathology it should be apparent on spectral Doppler (2x increase to prox
velocity, post sten turb, etc., angle correction doesn't change those).

If the younger techs are angle correcting properly in normal circumstances,
whether it be a 30-35-40-45, 50-60 or 0, it will not invalidate the exam.
Handcuffing them to keep it 60 and nothing less (even with 40-45 angle
divers) defeats the whole purpose of good 'ole Ultrasound Physics.