Denise Levy, RVT, RDMS, RDCS
MISS group
San Jose, CA

On Fri, Jan 8, 2010 at 1:03 PM, Cyndi Lufkin <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
OK- so next question: Yes, I insist that angle is parallel to vessels, of course.  Are you fols out there at 30 or 45 degrees notating this on exam worksheets and even prehaps carrying over that info to final reports that are distributed to the masses?
My rules:
1.  Work incredibly hard to get 60 or zero parallel to vessel walls.
2.  If it simply cannot be done, then minor deviations allowed as long as they are clearly documented on images and reports, so all involved is aware.

From: Joe Swenson <[log in to unmask]> Sent: Fri, January 8, 2010 3:54:35 PM
Subject: Re: Am I old school now?

If the angle correct is set parallel to flow, the sampled velocity will be accurate, regardless of what the angle is -- 0, 60, 45, 70 etc. The issue is that the greater the angle utilized, the greater error will be if you are not exactly parallel to flow when the velocity is Sampled. If your angle correct Is off parallel , from flow direction, by 5 degrees the error will be greater at a 70 angle as compared to a 60 angle. pound per pound, bigger angles have the potential for bigger errors in calculated velocity.