I will once again reflect on my witnessing a study presented at a vascular
conference in NYC at the Waldorf Astoria many years ago (At the risk of
sounding "hoity toity")  ROFL!!

The presenter (a seasoned, well known Sonographer) showed how angle
correction in all of the commercial ultrasound machines (available at the time)
had flaws serious enough for her to strongly suggest that we should heel-toe
our way to 60 degrees in most every carotid exam for the sake of all around
consistancy. I still do this.... and have been concomittantly eating
angiograms, digi-subtraction imaging, and MRA 's since with rarely any
medically poorly-correlative indigestion. Just my 2 centz.

RR