I'm glad you wrote in, Peter - a very similar situation here in
Bennington as well.  No winter specialties.  Large periodic goldfinch
flocks and otherwise, resident species numbers way down with numbers
like yours.  In addition, I have a resident Red-bellied Woodpecker
pair, a flicker that has figured out the suet and emboldened crows.
We've had one Cedar Waxwing - that in itself unusual - this winter.

Kim L.
Bennington