Here is a response from a from a friend in Washington.

"Well, with just a quick glance I would say it's a second winter Glaucous
x Herring Gull. The photo of it from behind shows too much white in the
scapular/back feathers for a Herring (or even Glaucous-winged) but the
primaries are too dark for a Glaucous. It looks alot like the G x H I've
seen, except I've only seen first winter birds. If there were more white
in the primaries I would say the plumage could match a Glaucous-winged x
Glaucous."

Eric Cannizzaro