Jeff and Andrew,
I recommend that you pick up a copy of Ted Murin and Bryan Pfeiffer's
Birding in Vermont. It's a fantastic book, where you'll find directions to
some of the best birding spots in Vermont and what you're likely to find
there. I'm sure others more familiar with the NEK can supplement what you'll
find in the book.
Good luck,
Greg
Vergennes