From: Vermont Birds [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Keri Charles
Sent: Sunday, January 17, 2010 6:25 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [VTBIRD] Drive to Fort Cassin

I decided to take an afternoon drive to Fort Cassin road after reading about
some good viewings on here. I was hoping to see a Bald Eagle especially (no
matter how many times I see them, they're always amazing), but to no avail -
not a creature was stirring!
However, it got me wondering... is there some area other than the boat
launch on Fort Cassin road that good for birding? I noticed the boat launch
didn't have any open water, so I wasn't surprised that there wasn't any
action. Where were the bald eagles seen in that area recently?

Thanks in advance for any pointers!

Keri in Rutland