From: "Linda Verchereau Becker" <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Thursday, January 07, 2010 8:19 AM
Subject: [VTBIRD] Juncos and turkeys and cardinals

I have had a "gang" (party, convocation?)  of turkeys now for about 8 days
at my feeders; the houses around us don't seem to bother them.  They are the
same ones to gather around the feeders - 1 tom and 7 hens.   They go after
the millet on the ground.  I did not realize how far they can fly.  Are they
monogamous?

Juncos have been around now for about 5 days, lots of them, maybe 30 or so.

And, this year I have more cardinals - 5 pair in all.  They are spectacular
birds to watch.

Linda Verchereau Becker
Montpelier, VT

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 4753 (20100108) __________