On the North Road in Manchester Center today about 12:00 I found the flock of snow buntings again-about 40 this time. It was very interesting observing them because the birds were of all different colorations-1st winter, immature, mature, etc. Sibley's showed the possible variations which I then saw in life. Also there was a flock of about 70 American Tree Sparrows feeding along the edges of the road. (Is this unusual?)

In town near the Manchester Center post office I also observed a large flock of cedar waxwings about 150 in numbers.

Barbara Powers

Manchester Center

http://clk.atdmt.com/GBL/go/196390710/direct/01/