Birders:
I am running another trip to Jeffries Ledge weather permitting on Feb.
6th aboard the UNH Gulf Challenger, with Feb. 7th, 13, 14, 20, 21 as
backup dates.  The trip is $75pp, departing the dock in New Castle at
8am and returning by 2pm at the latest.

Go to http://marine.unh.edu/facilities/vessels/rv-challenger.html for
information on the boat.

The following is the trip list from the December 2009 pelagic.

Black Duck - 1
Common Loon - 1
Northern Fulmar – 23 including 4 dark morph all over Jeffries/scantum
Iceland Gull – 2 (1st Year, adult)
Glaucous Gull – 1 ad
Lesser Black-backed Gull – 1 ad
Kittiwake – 35 – surprisingly all adult, mostly well past shoals
Black Guillemot – 2 near isles of shoals
Razorbill – 23
Dovekie – 6 including group of four seen well on the water over New Scantum
Atlantic Puffin – 1 seen well and briefly on the water by a few –
New Scantum
Common Murre – 1 flyby
Alcid sp. – 18

I returned from another trip to the ledge last week and again saw
fulmar, kittiwake, dovekie, and common murre.

Payment is required to book a spot.  Checks will be cashed, credit
cards processed, only after the trip goes (so I don’t have to reissue
checks).  Checks and/or credit card numbers will be destroyed in the
event of a weather cancellation, unless you sign up for the weather
dates.

Please make checks payable to PLC, and mail to 5a Mill St. New Boston,
NH 03070, or call the office at 487-3331 with credit card information.

If the weather forces cancellation/postponement (waves in excess of 3
feet) I will email you by noon the day before.  Be warned that this
trip is usually postponed at least once (thus the six dates!).