I located a Short-eared Owl on Gage Road in Addison last evening at 5:37 p.m.
I was between Rte. 22A and the first house on the left. It was flying above
the tree line from the south, heading north. It was about 20-25' off the
ground. It flew directly in front of my vehicle, turned around and headed back
south. I watched it for around two minutes. I then went to Basin Harbor Road
in Ferrisburgh. I heard two Great Horned Owls at 7:34 p.m. about 300 yards
down Jersey St. (coming from Basin Harbor Rd.). I also heard one more while
parked at the entrance to Button Bay State Park at 8:04 p.m.

Enjoy Birds,

Jim Mead